Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 9!

Day 9 - Five things you want to see change.

1. How I deal with issues. I tend to just panic and procrastinate so that I don't have to face problems. Not something I'm proud of and it's something I'd love to see change.

2. Health of people around me. It would be really nice to fix the pain that the people I love are going through.

3. My grades. I would love to be the kind of student who pulls off 80s and 90s and has a bright future filled with all sorts of possibilities. That would be so much better than the current 60s-70s that are my reality, my present, and controlling my future. It's so frustrating.

4. The temperature of my room. It's freezing!!!

5. How much I am willing to let go. I wish that I trusted God more. I tend to want to fix problems myself first, rather than take to Him in prayer. It only ends in failure, and I get reminded over and over again that I'm so incapable, and that He's all powerful! Another trust issue I have is how much I trust people. So often, I trust the wrong people, or don't trust the right people enough to let them in and let them help. Like I said, I want to fix my problems before I'll admit something is wrong.

Since those were slightly depressing, I'm going to put in 5 things I wouldn't change.
1. The friends I have. They're so amazing. Seriously, I don't tell them often enough how much I love them. I would go to the end of the world and back for them if they so desired it. They've given me the most amazing memories, which are things I can pull out on the rainy days and admire.

2. My family. God knew exactly what he was doing when he put me in this one. We're crazy, we're different, but we're walking life together.

3. The other random people God has put in my life. All my 'fake' uncles and aunts who are there to silently support me. As if my friends and immediate family weren't supportive enough, God put so many other people who are there no matter what! Especially my second family. I love that we're two different families, and yet run as one thirteen member unit.

4. The things I've been through. It hasn't been easy, but God's pulled me through everything, and there's no good without the bad. And most days, the good things overwhelm the bad. That's not something everyone can boast of, and it's something I need to focus on more.

5. I would like my life in general not to change too much. It's so super special amazing awesome sauceum most days, and those days make up for the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days.
Most adjectives in one sentence FTW!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Nice adjective work, Courtney Mae ;)
P.S. I like your lists.

Heidi said...

I also like your lists, Courtney Mae. And I like how you immediately counter negative things with positive things. 'Tis good for the soul =)