Thursday, May 27, 2010

Simple.


Here's a list of things I am thankful for today.


-I've got amazing, accepting friends. Seriously, I don't know how people put up with some of the things I do. And I love you for it.


-I've got an amazing family. Sure, we've got our issues, but we work through them. Together.


-I've got my faith. For those moments when I sit and wonder how on earth to get out all the things in my head, and to find some of the answers for the toughest questions, He's always there. Through anything and everything.


-Photography. I love it. I love looking at the pictures of the people who have a great deal of passion and love for it. There's something extra special in capturing a moment. Somethings you can't fully capture, like the sounds of the rain around you as you snap the dewy leaf, the laughter of friends in the shot you got of their latest antics. For me, it's capturing a little piece of the gift God gave this world. A little corner off of the edge of the enormous puzzle that is creation.


-It's raining. As most people know, and some people mock me for, I love rain. I love everything about it from the sound, to the smell ,to the silence. I was driving today trying to figure out why it was that I loved driving in the rain. Some say it's because of the sounds of the pitter-patter. For me, it's the silence. You're driving along, and it's sort of like you're in your own world as you listen to the silence. Most people might think that's absurd, and doesn't make sense. After all, you hear the rain, don't you? Ya, but that's the only thing you can hear. It creates it's own silence. And it's beautiful and awe inspiring.


-The simple, accepting prayers of a child. A prayer without expectations, a prayer without complications, just the honest words of a young mind to their God. They know that He'll hear them, doubts aren't even something they could consider. And it's something that gets so lost as we get older, and as we would like to believe, wiser.


All of these are the simplest things, and yet they mean so very much.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Courtney, that is beautiful. And I love you, too =)

Your photography is gorgeous, and those words describing it are pure poetry. And, of course, who couldn't love the rain?

Courtney.Mae said...

People who are crazy don't love the rain :)

Lizzie said...

I also love the rain. And you, Courtney Mae.