Wednesday, May 12, 2010

There's No Ship Like Friendship

I'm sort of falling behind with this blogging thing. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but it's always almost midnight ( like right now) before I start anything. So I'm working on something, for all you readers.(All 4-5 of you.) It's just not finished yet.
So for now, just a short note. My words and the way I express things often makes sense to me, but not really to other people. So for now, here are some quotes from people who know how to use words to paint pictures.

A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.

This couldn't be more true. I've had "friends" who are just the opposite. Those won't accept how I've lived my life, judgemental about my dreams for the future, and quick to comment on how I'm living now.
Not the friends I've got now. These are the kinds of friends worth having and to you I say:

If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I love this. And I love that there's a Winnie the Pooh quote in it. If you think about it, Pooh is an excellent example of how friendship should be. Everybody's a little different (or a lot different), but they work it out.

Heidi said...

So true.

(Stop! Don't touch that!... don't blame me, you brought up dear old Pooh...)