Saturday, July 3, 2010

The rest of the days

Day 27 - Your definition of the meaning of life.
We were created to serve our Lord. And we can find meaning when we find our own duty that He has given us to fulfill on this earth.

Day 28 - A moment you remember being completely happy in and a description of why you believe you were.what is your definition of hapiness?

Probably the day that I made profession of faith. I was going through a point in my life where I was confused as to why God was calling my family to another church. I didn`t know what the next few years were going to hold, and I was scared. In that moment when I stood in front of church and agreed to serve my Lord, it was a moment of promise, a promise from God that He would be with me whatever path I choose in life, and a promise from me that no matter what I`m doing, and where I`m doing it, my goal on this earth is to serve Him to the best of my abilities.
Day 29- What you live for?
God. Family. Friends.
Day 30 - Ways you believe you have grown over the past thirty days?
I`ve learned to be more patient. It`s something I struggle with, and I truely believe that God has given me more strength to be able to help people with more patience. Especially now, that`s something I`m going to need.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Yay, Courtney blogged!

How do you feel now about moving to the other church? Do you think it made a big difference for you and your family? (You can always answer these later if you don't want to put it on your blog.)

Lizzie

Courtney.Mae said...

Me and my mom talk about it all the time actually.

When God started calling my family here, both her and I were completely confused. I've moved every two years my whole life, and that doesn't make it easier. Neither one of us wanted to have to start over again. We got so comfortable where we were.

Naturally, God knew what He was doing. I think if anything, my family has gotten so much closer together. And I think that's because we all went through so many changes together. Sending the girls to school, moving to a small town again, and because we decided to do that together, it helped us grow closer.

And this church has been such a blessing for us. Honestly, it really has. We have never lived close to people from the church, and it's a totally different atmosphere. And the fact that my family is accepted to the extene that it is ( It's not completely there yet, but it's getting there) was yet another sign that God knows what He's doing.