Friday, July 16, 2010

Answers and Happiness

These past 2 weeks have been amazing. Time off....you have been missed

The weather hasn't been great, and I'm blogging from a kitchen table surrounded by kleenex as I seem to have caught yet another nasty cold. But I'm happy. The sky may be cloudy, and the wind might be churning up the lake, but I'm happy. My family needed to get away from life for a while, and it's been an amazing time.

Spending lots of time inside, meant not a lot to do, so I bought a cheap little notebook and I've been writing in there while waiting for the small moments I've been able to grab with internet connection. This I simply had to share. Couldn't wait.

A few days ago I got a text message from a friend asking me if I had ever considered going somewhere to help those less fortunate than me, and if I would consider going with her. I have honestly never felt so excited about my future in my entire life. Something I've been thinking about for the past 6 months is finally going to happen. Hopefully in the next year.

I've felt a little bit lost over the past few months, school wasn't going as well as I had planned, and all my carefully laid out plans were no longer realities. And yet, in the midst of all my doubting and worry, God still has a plan for me. He's in control, and I've got to be willing to let go, and trust.

Hoping all of your summers are going amazingly!!!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

God always has it all planned out...sometimes we just forget and try to do the planning ourselves. Glad everything's working out!

Courtney.Mae said...

Thanks Julie :) I'm very happy/thankful!

I gotta say though..I'm starting to miss all my awesome sauceum friends in Calgary :)