Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The apple fell out of a tree?

Today, I spent most of my day out with my family. Both swimming, (something my family loves doing) and going clothing shopping ( something my family absolutely hates doing).

Swimming was a blast. It made me miss being little, and being home schooled with my sisters. We'd do stuff like that more often, and I really do love it. My parents used to call me a fish, on account of I'd never want to leave the water. Come to think of it....not much has changed there.

We went with a group from our church, and the little girls absolutely loved hanging out with their friends. I spent the entire two hours with my dad. Love him. It's sort of strange how well we get along....
Dad and I spend most of our time laughing together, working together, or having deep discussions about something. We make a pretty good team most of the time. When we're not both being totally stubborn, at least. I've been a 'Daddy's girl' since I was really little, and it's one of the best ways to grow up.
I get along well with my family in general. Most teenagers go through a stage where they just can't get along with their parents at all, which is something I really don't understand. I've always been pretty close to them.
Which makes me pretty defensive of my parents. No, I'm not stupid, they're not perfect....but they've got the biggest hearts of anyone I know. Not once have they turned down an opportunity to help if it was at all within their abilities. And yet, so many people find faults with my parents, and try to point them out to me. News flash, I'm on their side. Always.
Anyways, all in all, today probably gets a 9 out of 10. Not bad :)

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Courtney Mae, your Mom is one of the sweetest people I know. Everytime I walk into your house I can feel the love that your family has for eachother. It makes me smile everytime I realize, once again, how willing you all are to share that love with other people and welcome them into your family.